The Saint Philip Preparatory School Home and School Association (HSA) is an association of parents and staff who work together to build and maintain education, social connections, appreciation, fundraising and communication.
Home & School is committed to supporting the integration of Christian values between home and the academic life of all students. Recognizing that the family is central in a child’s life, Home & School encourages and facilitates family-to-family peer support and communication. The Home & School Association is a vital and active part of Saint Philip Preparatory School.
It is our mission:
- To foster the advancement of Catholic education and the spiritual development of all students.
- To strengthen the relationship between the home and school through effective communication.
- To promote a positive atmosphere and strong parental involvement.
- To support the philosophy, the programs and policies of the school.
- To bridge the efforts of the school with the parish.
- To coordinate parental support to meet annual H.S.A. financial responsibilities through school functions, student activities, and individual fundraisers.
- To encourage the political action of parents/guardians as advocates regarding national, state and local legislation that affects Catholic schools.
Membership in Home & School is open to each school family. There is a small fee required with registration. .
The Executive Board currently is comprised of a: Chairperson, School Principal, President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary, Ways and Means, and Financial Commitment.
Home & School is the primary fundraising body for the school. There are major fundraising programs sponsored by Home & School, i.e. Casino Night, craft fair, wrapping paper, Book Fairs, etc. In addition participation in other vendor sponsored fundraising is encouraged i.e. General Mills Box Tops, Barnes and Noble Night, gift certificate program, etc. The association projects revenues and will declare a specific amount to be turned over to the parish on a yearly basis.
Home & School provides information to parents through Association meetings and folder flyers. Association meetings are held periodically through the academic year. Meetings are open to all.
Home & School promotes cooperation between and representation at organizations working for the advancement and appreciation of Christian education.