October 10, 2023
Dear Parents and Guardians,
On October 7, the Church celebrated Our Lady of the Rosary. During Catholic Schools Week last year, Sr. Elfie, a Salesian Sister of St. John Bosco, spoke to all the young women about Religion Vocations. She gifted every girl with a little statue of Mary Help of Christians and encouraged them to say 3 Hail Mary’s before going to bed.
Shortly after Sr. Elfie’s visit, I had a meeting with some parents in my office. The father saw the little Mary Help of Christians on my desk. He told me his daughter was now requesting to say up to 20 Hail Mary’s before going to bed! Is someone trying to postpone bedtime? Possibly, but what a beautiful way to do it – falling asleep with Mary by your side. Why not say 20 Hail Mary’s? Why not pray the entire rosary at least once a week with your family. Who knows what graces will come to you through Mary’s intercession!
Blessed is Mary among women,
Ms. Danielle Gonzalez
Friday, October 13
- $1 Tag Day for all students, faculty and staff
REMINDER – Summer uniform ends on October 15th. If needed, please refer to the handbook on the school website (http://stphilipprep.com/handbook/) or the Fynn and O’hara (https://flynnohara.com/) website for details about the winter uniform.
Thursday, October 19
- 6:30 PM High School Night for students in Grades 6-8
Friday, October 20
- School Picture Day (8th Graders do not have their pictures taken today)
- PreK 3- Grade 7 must come dressed in their “Dress” uniform (no PE uniforms today).
- 6-9 PM HSA Trunk or Treat
- All students, faculty and staff are free to come dressed in costume for the day (no cost for dressing in costume).
- Costume Parades
- Location: Main Parking Lot. Parents are asked to stay behind the orange chains and cones. Thank you for your cooperation.
- 9:00 AM Prek3, PreK4, and K
- 9:45 AM Grades 1-3
- NO CANDY will be handed out to the children at school (Outside food is never allowed at school). Please do not send it in to share with the class.
- NO GIFTS will be accepted from parents to give out at school.
Mr. Miller gave a presentation at the Security Meeting held for parents on Monday, September 25, 2023. Reports and documents referred to in the presentation have been posted on a temporary site for review and reference. If interested, you can view the documents at:
Parent Liaison contact information:
- Jay Wester – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tamika Santiago – email@example.com
- Stephen McCurrie – firstname.lastname@example.org